Paul Wright – Lead Practitioner
- Teacher (of Computer Science – Secondary and Primary)
- NQT coordinator, lead coach and trainer
- Author for Bloomsbury Educational Press (Teach, Reflect, Doodle) + 100 Ideas to Stretch and Challenge (Coming 2019)
- Blogger (well you’re here right now – welcome)
- Speaker (TeachMeets – Ark Academies Teach 2017 touring conferences )
- Designer of classroom resources (find them here)
- Collaborator with @teachertoolkit (#5MinPlan Resources 2019) and many other creative teachers
Brief History in teaching:
Trained at Northumbria University (GTTP) graduated 2007
- Teacher – Northumberland
- School ICT strategic lead – Bedfordshire
- Head of Faculty – Warwickshire
- Lead Practitioner – Oxfordshire
Career highlights from recent years:
Teaching Primary Computing, inspiring learners and helping them develop an early understanding of Computer Science.
Setting up Bedford TeachMeet events and collaborating with amazingly creative colleagues.
Publishing my first book for trainee teachers (book two being written at the moment).
Running Code Club and Lego League to engage young learners in creative computing projects.
Developing a KS3 curriculum that properly prepares students with skills for GCSE and A-Level Computer Science.
Speaking at two of ARK Academies #Teach2017 roadshow events in London and Birmingham as part of an inspiration conference event for the profession.